Please click on image to enlarge
I am an experienced, qualified teacher and Forest School Leader with a CRB, insurance and full driving license.
I offer a wide range of workshop opportunities for children aged 3 -18 years and adults both indoors and outdoors using a wide range of materials and techniques. It is my aim to reach and communicate with all in the community and I tailor my workshops to suit the needs of each participant. I offer pre and post workshop advice and teachers’ notes to extend the opportunities for all participants.
References can be given on request
Residencies for local authorities and others including Flintshire, Denbighshire, Wrexham County Council, Conwy, Powys and Betsi Cadwaldr University Health Board
- Micro worlds, Art on Hoardings Project at Glan Clwyd Hospital working with Emrys ap Iwan Secondary School, North Wales Adolescence Service and Ysgol y Faenol
- The Start Projects funded by The Princes Foundation for the Arts at Oriel Davies and Ruthin Craft Centre for Denbighshire and Powys Primary schools. I compiled and delivered practical workshops and gallery talks based on the following exhibitions : Nora Fok, Japanese Style: Sustaining Design, Forever Changes Michael Brennand Wood and Weaving Through Tradition.
- The Great Art Quest funded by The Princes Foundation for the Arts to write activities for children to be published and distributed at The National Gallery, Dulwich Picture Gallery and other regional galleries.
- The Art Factor master classes for secondary school pupils at Oriel Davies.
- Reach the Heights Project, Engage Cymru delivering art workshops with Ysgol Dinas Bran.
- Opening Doors Course, Tate Liverpool adult workshop based on The Alice Wonderland exhibition.
- Cil y Drws Denbigh Education Centre and PRU unit
- The Zebra Project Acrefair School and Bwlchgwyn CPS
- The Magic Carpet KS 1 Rhos y Stryd, Rhuthin
- Art in Nature, Sowing Seeds Wepre Park, Custom House Lane, Connah’s Quay
- Perth y Terfyn, Holywell, St Mary’s CPS Flint
- The Kenyan Exchange Project, Denbighshire Primary Schools
- Artist in Residence, Ellesmere College
- Citizenship Project ‘The Olympic Run’ Central Foundation Girls’ School, Tower Hamlets, London.
- ‘Weaving through Tradition’ The Ruthin Craft Centre residency studios.
Art workshops for adults and children in schools and the wider community at the following venues:
The Cywain Centre Bala, Quay Arts Centre, I.O.W, Southampton City Art Gallery, Plas Newydd, Llangollen, Llangollen Fringe Theatre, Rhyl Arts Centre, Wrexham Arts Centre, Qube Gallery, Oswestry, Bodelwyddan Castle, Denbigh, Rhuddlan and Rhuthin Library, Loggerheads Country Park, The Welsh Horticultural College (forest school site), The International Eisteddfod, Llangollen, The Urdd, Rhuthin, Corwen Community Centre, Llangollen Youth Club, The Woodfest, Denbigh, Flint and Denbigh County Shows, Adcote School, Portsmouth Grammar School, Ysgol Cynddelw, John Summers High School, Connahs Quay, The National Wildlflower Centre, Liverpool
Other organisations I have worked for
Sure Start, Mind, Mencap,The Forestry Commission, Clybiau Plant Cymru, Wrexham Play Association, The Youth Service.